|Season 5, Episode 1|
|Episode 41 Overall|
|Upload Date||October 2, 2013|
|Synopsis||Chelsea faces her fear of the doctor with the help of Dr. Barbie.|
|Next||Stuck With You|
Doctor Barbie is the first episode of the fifth season of Barbie: Life in the Dreamhouse. In this episode, Chelsea comes down with a mystery illness and it is up to Barbie to diagnose the problem.
Chelsea comes down with plastic pox, so Barbie, Skipper, and Stacie help her cure it with a shot of pinkicillin. After getting cured, Chelsea's three sisters end up getting it, so Chelsea gets the pinkicillin to give them as the three run away.
- The premise of this episode was revealed in early 2013 by producer David Wiebe via a YouTube comment.
- Plastic Pox is based on chickenpox. It has the same symptoms, and a wet cloth (which Barbie suggested to Chelsea) is effective at compressing itchy areas of the chickenpox rash.
- The strain of "Pinkacillin" (based on penicillin) that Barbie asks for to cure Chelsea is a reference to the Pantone number of "Barbie Pink" - Pantone 219 C.
- An anatomy chart on the walls of Barbie's examination room features a vintage looking Barbie doll.
- "Doctor" is one of the jobs seen in "Barbie Technical Institute." In the examination room, there is a diploma from "Barbie Technical Institute" on the wall.
- When flipping through the channels on the TV, a clip from the show's opening sequence can be seen.