|Cringing in the Rain|
|Season 4, Episode 5|
|Episode 36 Overall|
|Upload Date||July 24, 2013|
|Synopsis||Barbie’s not going to let a few raindrops spoil a great day with her friends.|
|Previous||Happy Bathday to You|
|Next||The Ken Den|
When Barbie and her friends are preparing to go to the beach, it begins to rain. Since everyone except Midge and Barbie has never seen rain, they get very confused at what it is. Barbie leads everyone inside, where they all hide out from the rain. After a while, Barbie convinces them to go and play in the rain. They all put on raincoats and go outside, only to find the rain stopped. However, Ken turns on a hose as makeshift rain for them.
- Of all of Barbie's friends, Midge is the only one who knew what rain was.
- In Wisconsin, they had rain, hail, tornadoes and snowstorms. All four apparently happened at the same time during one Fourth of July. This can be considered a notable error in possibilities of science.
- Summer seems surprised that cars have roofs. This is a reference to real Barbie cars, as they mostly sell convertibles.
- Teresa has apparently never heard the expression "raining cats and dogs", because when Midge makes the remark, Teresa sprints to the window looking for a Labradoodle.
- When Raquelle says "I'm melting!" when she is drenched with water, it is a reference to The Wizard of Oz when the Wicked Witch of the West dies by being covered in water. There is another reference to the film in "The Upgradening" when Taffy pulls the curtain away from the Closet and it says, "Pay no attention to the robot behind the curtain." In the original film, Toto pulls the curtain away from the wizard, who says, "Pay no attention to that wizard behind the curtain."
- Error: Summer said "rooves" instead of "roofs".
- Summer said "rooves" instead of the proper English word "roofs".
- How in the world could there possibly be all rain, hail, tornadoes, and snowstorms all on the same day?